Job no: 492642
Work type: Full Time
Location: Brisbane, Bundaberg, Goondiwindi, Moranbah, Townsville
Reporting to the Regional Planning Manager, we are seeking a Civil Engineer to become part of the Sunwater Operations Team. You will be responsible for the delivery of strategic asset management and technical support services across our Operations division and will participate in a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and technical officers to implement and comply with Sunwater’s asset management policies, strategies, plans, systems and processes.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Investigation of asset performance as well as preparation of technical reports, project specifications and business cases in a clear and logical manner.
- Develop and implement innovative and effective asset management strategies that deliver whole of life, customer focussed and sustainable operations.
- Delivering services, meeting performance targets and contributing effectively to project teams to enhance commercial performance.
- Provide timely and relevant reporting to the Regional Planning Engineer, and others as required, on asset inspections and condition and risk assessments in accordance with State Government regulations and guidelines.
- Assist in developing full lifecycle asset management plans for Civil assets to maximise return on investment through the balance of risk, cost, performance and social and environmental sustainability.
- Assist in developing the planned maintenance Civil project specifications, budget estimates and business cases with other teams and business partners.
- Identify risks and opportunities and enable the continual improvement of Sunwater’s infrastructure performance.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of engineering technology advancements and legislative requirements.
You will have proven knowledge of relevant legislative, statutory and industry standards relating to design and maintenance of Civil infrastructure assets and have the ability to positively promote and actively role model the SunWater values and behaviours to support the delivery of our services. You will have previous experience contributing to a high performing, constructive and resilient team culture whilst being agile, thinking holistically and innovatively and adapting to resolve issues.
Key skills include:
- Degree qualified in Civil engineering and currently be Registered as a Professional Engineer in Queensland or be willing/have the ability to obtain RPEQ status.
- Class ‘C’ driver’s licence for manual vehicle
- Experience in the delivery of asset management objectives within the infrastructure industry
- Ability to think innovatively and adapting, as necessary, to resolve issues, ensure the management of project risks and opportunities, and achieve project objectives
- Internal and external stakeholder collaboration to achieve organisational objectives
- Producing high quality written communications, and preparing written technical reports, memos, presentations, and other communications in a clear and logical manner
- Well-developed interpersonal skills including consultation, negotiation, and relationship building
Sunwater is a Queensland Government-owned corporation which services more than 5000 customers. Our clients include irrigators, industrial and commercial companies such as mines and urban water suppliers. We supply around 40 per cent of the water used commercially in Queensland.
As a regional water entity, 52 per cent of our people work in 33 offices and depots across Queensland. The remainder work in our Brisbane office, providing support and services to our regional operations.
Delivering the best outcome for our customers is what motivates us. We understand our customers’ needs and the essential role they play in regional growth and prosperity.
If you are seeking a new challenge and would enjoy the opportunity to work in a fast paced and customer focussed business, click on the APPLY NOW button and submit your application.
Applications close: COB 24th, September 2021
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend