Program Controls Manager
Job no: 492615
Work type: Full Time
The Program Controls Manager has responsibility to plan, organise and implement the project controls functions across a number of projects and programs. Reporting to the General Manager Commercial Projects, the Program Controls Manager will lead the planning and controls functions that are essential to ensuring successful program/project outcome from inception through to completion.
You will develop, implement, review and continuously improve an effective and efficient program and project controls framework and supporting elements, including project planning, governance, reporting and supporting processes.
Key accountabilities include:
- Establishing and maintaining systems and processes for control and forecasting of the program scheduling and costing and assisting other team members to use and comply with the systems and processes
- Managing the Program Controls function including ensuring deliverables are identified and closed out in a timely manner
- Ensuring a change management process for building and developing the project and program management capability of the team is in place and maintained
- Defining and coordinating the implementation of the various controls systems, procedures, and documents required for the program
- Supporting the General Manager Commercial Projects for key priorities
- Ensuring that effective interfaces, communications and information sharing are maintained with Sunwater’s functions, including finance and portfolio assurance
- Development and reporting of appropriate key performance indicators across multiple projects to track and monitor project performance
- Development, reporting and analysis of project, program and portfolio performance reports and dashboards
- Ensuring schedule and cost trend information is available to monitor and report program performance and initiate where necessary corrective or contingency action
- Establishing, in conjunction with other team members, procedures for and a program of formal audit and review of the program controls
- Providing early notification to the program management team of adverse cost and time impacts and trends in comparison to agreed budget and schedule and any issue, delay or contractual difficulty that has the potential to impact on the program. Initiate where necessary corrective or contingency action
- Ensuring that all changes and variations to the agreed budget are recorded and properly authorised
- Ensuring the major projects program of works are controlled, supported and reported on in a manner that achieves the time, cost, quality, risk, environmental, safety and other specified standards of the program and the program’s stakeholders
- Coordinating the risk management activities of the project team, including maintaining the project risk register in accordance with the program Risk Management Framework
- Assisting in the development of project management plans and ensuring they are maintained as current throughout each phase of the projects
- Ensuring a fit-for-purpose reporting framework supportive of broader organisational reporting requirements is implemented to provide management with accurate and timely reporting
You will have well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve strategic objectives. This role requires highly developed skills in the calculation and measurement of earned value, the use of Primavera P6, report creation, forecasting and general cost control principles.
Key requirements include:
- Experience in providing asset planning and management services within a regulated environment and in balancing market demands, customer/client expectations and regulatory pressures
- Highly developed project and risk management skills, with the ability to identify potential project and program risks and suggest mitigation strategies to ensure that significant business risks remain unrealised
- Demonstrated change management experience within a team environment and well-developed engagement strategies to ensure key relationships are maintained
- A demonstrated capacity to self-manage, with sound time management skills, working to agreed time frames for agreed tasks
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, management or equivalent discipline
- Proven experience in review/audit processes and improvement programs
- Well-developed analytical, conceptual, problem solving and research skills, including the ability to analyse complex technical issues and to develop a range of practical strategies and identify a preferred option for their resolution
Sunwater is a Queensland Government-owned corporation which services more than 5000 customers. Our clients include irrigators, industrial and commercial companies such as mines and urban water suppliers. We supply around 40 per cent of the water used commercially in Queensland.
As a regional water entity, 52 per cent of our people work in 33 offices and depots across Queensland. The remainder work in our Brisbane office, providing support and services to our regional operations.
Delivering the best outcome for our customers is what motivates us. We understand our customers’ needs and the essential role they play in regional growth and prosperity.
If you are seeking a new challenge and would enjoy the opportunity to work in a fast paced and customer focussed business, click on the APPLY NOW button and submit your application.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend